- Greenhouse building (practical)
- Raspberry Pi setup (installation of OS, necessary software)
- Connecting of sensors and actuators with the Raspberry Pi, communication testing etc.
- Development of code for data collection (interaction with sensors, actuators etc.)
- Simple data logging (txt files)
- Database setup
- Manual greenhouse control (unrefined – not user friendly)
- Assembling the power supply components (PV panel, battery, voltage regulators)
- Development of the thermal model of the greenhouse
- Initial assessment of power consumption of the automation system and dimensioning of power supply system
- Database creation and data acquisition
- Web-site creation and data presentation (Mobile phone application creation?)
- Various model identifications/estimations
- Prediction of power consumption/production
- Automatic temperature control
- Automatic soil humidity control
- Energy efficient system operation (e.g. limit the number of watering/fan/light bulb actuations, reducing the web-site updates during the night etc.)
- Estimation of battery state of charge
- Autonomous system operation?
- Building an open DC-DC power converter from scratch
And many more to come...